Michael Bayer wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2008, at 8:50 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> ---------
>> replacing __init__(...) - i see that some effort is taken to keep the
>> original signature. But the result wont be debuggable IMO.
>>
>> cant it be some_init(*a,**kw) doing whatever( *a,**kw) and/or calling
>> original_init(*a,**kw) ? whats inside is not changing as
>> sequence/logic anyway...
>>
>> OR, maybe fix/hack with the co_filename and co_firstlineno
>> code-attributes or whatever so inspect.getsource(
>> damnedclass.__init__) "works"...
>
> are we talking about the __init__ placed on instances ?  how is that
> not debuggable ?   I know that pdb is forced to illustrate one line in
> the trace as being part of a "string" but thats not such a big deal.

Also, the __init__ decorator is optional in UDS/0.5.  The class
instrumentor will receive a 'install_member('__init__', <sa's default
genned function>)' call and can do whatever it likes with that.  The
toolkit is in place for building and substituting your own non-exec'd
__init__ that does the setup work SA wants done on init.