On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Rick Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > then queried the db directly using sql.  It looks like the change
>  > hasn't made it to the DB yet
>
> Also possible is that you're using a an MVCC DB such as Postgres or Oracle,
> and you're looking at an old, pre-update version of the data, as your direct
> SQL would be in a separate transaction....

We are using Postgres (8.1.6), but in the case of the sqlalchemy code
I've got transactional set to off for the session.  I'm not too
familiar with the specifics of MVCC (just had to google it,
actually)...is it possible the new data isn't visible to the other
process if the updating process still has a cursor live?

--
david bonner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]