On Apr 30, 2008, at 11:22 AM, David Bonner wrote:

> When this code drops me into pdb, the data in instance.notes looks
> like the new value, but querying the db in a separate process gets me
> the old value.

flush() always uses a transaction, so when your pdb process hits, the
transaction has not been committed yet and results are not visible
outside of the transaction.  the "transactional" keyword on Session
does not mean "don't use transactions at all", it means "don't
automatically enter a transaction outside of a flush".  Its been
renamed to "autocommit" in 0.5.