Greetings Alchemists,
  I really like the transparent slicing of Query object but there seems
to be a bug some with empty slices.  First or all, fire up your
favorite Python shell and convince yourself that all or those return
empty lists:

  range(10)[:0]
  range(10)[0:0]
  range(10)[1:1]

Now, if you were to apply the same slices to a query object, you would
be shocked as you notice that only the last returns an empty list; the
fist two return the whole database.

I looked in orm.Query.__getitem__ and the handling of slices seems to
be correct.  As and example, both

  q[:0]._limit
and
  q[1:1]._limit

return 0.

My guess is that the underlying Select object does not take limit
into account when offset is 0.

You will all agree that this is a bug and that it needs to be fixed.
I don't mind digging into the sources to fix it.  Can anyone point me
in the right direction?

--
Yannick Gingras