On May 9, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Dan wrote:

> Not sure how to do it otherwise.  This is how its been coded -- what
> is the alternative?

what happens if you just say, cursor.execute("select * from
aaa_test(pWhen=>:arg1", {'arg1':None})  using raw cx_oracle  (and then
cursor.fetchall()) ?  doesn't work ?

it almost looks like you're using an OUT param, which we *do* support,
that looks like this:

         result = engine.execute(text("begin foo(:x, :y, :z); end;",
bindparams=[bindparam('x', Numeric), outparam('y', Numeric),
outparam('z', Numeric)]), x=5)
         print result.out_parameters

otherwise we'd have to build another construct like "x =
bound_cursor()" to support this inline with SQLA.

you do of course have the option to just keep it as a cx_oracle thing
- just grab a cursor off of a Connection:

        conn = engine.connect()
        cursor = conn.connection.cursor()

then do the cx_oracle specific work with "cursor".