> > orphans i dont care, but the rest...
> > So at what time these are available - after_flush? or
> > before_commit?
>
> for foreign key attributes written by a dependency,
> before_insert().
it might be useful if there is a simple sequence "diagram" - textual
is ok - for which kind of extension and which method of it is called
at what time within session's lifetime.

Same as the metadata-mappers-session-transaction lifespan in overall
SA-usage lifetime - if u remember we did talk about this once.

lifespans and hook-points in them do matter a lot.
maybe for the book?

> > i need to iterate over *all* would-be written-to-DB objects, and
> > fix their timestamps.
> im gathering theres a great reason that triggers or regular column
> defaults cant do this (or just before_insert()).
now thinking about it... can column_defaults be my functions?
pythonside? how about their context?
i dont know, sessExt seemed like just one call to do everything.

svil