Lukasz Szybalski schrieb:
> I think I prefer "info" dictionary rather then a string. Dict "info"
> which I use already have something like this:
>
>  sqlalchemy.Column('DRIVE_TRAIN',  sqlalchemy.Unicode(4)
> ,info={"description":"DRIVE TRAIN TYPE [AWD,4WD,FWD,RWD]"}),
>  sqlalchemy.Column('FUEL_SYS', sqlalchemy.Unicode(4)
> ,info={"description":"FUEL SYSTEM CODE",
>                                          "FI":"FUEL INJECTION",
>                                          "TB":"TURBO"}),

I think you're mixing different things here. What I suggested was
support of the database comment statement/clause supported by all major
databases (except maybe SQL Server).

What you're looking for seems to be something similar to the "Domain"
feature of the old Oracle Designer,

http://marceloverdijk.blogspot.com/2008/05/ref-code-plugin.html
http://its.unm.edu/ais/docs/oradomains.htm

This would be an interesting extension as well. Should be possible with
a custom TypeDecorator or TypeEngine.

-- Christoph