On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Christoph Zwerschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lukasz Szybalski schrieb:
>> I think I prefer "info" dictionary rather then a string. Dict "info"
>> which I use already have something like this:
>>
>>  sqlalchemy.Column('DRIVE_TRAIN',  sqlalchemy.Unicode(4)
>> ,info={"description":"DRIVE TRAIN TYPE [AWD,4WD,FWD,RWD]"}),
>>  sqlalchemy.Column('FUEL_SYS', sqlalchemy.Unicode(4)
>> ,info={"description":"FUEL SYSTEM CODE",
>>                                          "FI":"FUEL INJECTION",
>>                                          "TB":"TURBO"}),
>
> I think you're mixing different things here. What I suggested was
> support of the database comment statement/clause supported by all major
> databases (except maybe SQL Server).

I see.

> What you're looking for seems to be something similar to the "Domain"
> feature of the old Oracle Designer,

I wonder if it was possible to save the info field "{}" I showed above
via the comment statement/clause you are mentioning if it gets
implemented?

This would really help in describing business rules and descriptions
of each column.
Lucas

--
Automotive Recall Database. Cars, Trucks, etc.
http://www.lucasmanual.com/recall/