Thanks for that versioning overview.

Sorry for changing the topic (Should I make a separate post?), but is
there a way to make the joins more automatic?

I'd like to just specify some filter against table A and another
against table B and have the system join them, even if the join needs
to go through C or D. Of course the results would be undefined if
there was more than one path between A and B, but this is not the case
in my database and I'm sure  a good subset of most databases. Will I
need to roll this myself? Would people appreciate it if I added this
functionality to the mapper class? If so, what code would you suggest
editing? I just need some representation of the database as a graph.

Thanks,
Buck