I am trying to understand what id_chooser and query_chooser do.
Id_chooser basically uses a instance primary key to determine what
shard the intance should be saved to?  My primary keys(globally
unique) are made of up more than one fields.  Would that be a problem
with Id_chooser?

How/when would do you query_chooser?

Can you set id_chooser and query_chooser to be None in:

create_session.configure(shards = {blah}, shard_chooser =
shard_chooser, id_chooser = None, query_chooser = None) ?