Good afternoon guys,

I'm brand new to SQLAlchemy as of about 2 minutes ago, I have a couple
of starter questions that I wanted to run past you, with any luck
they'll be simple for you to answer.

After looking through the quick tutorial, which showed me just about
all I need to know http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/05/ormtutorial.html
it talks about connecting to an in memory sqllite database using a
connection string like so:

create_engine('sqlite:///:memory:', echo=True)

How would I connect to a local MySQL database? The database I'm
working with is already designed and built, which leads me onto my
next question:

In the tutorial documentation it talks about 'Defining and Creating a
Table'. Is this something which need only be done when we're working
with an in-memory database? or do I have to define my database schema
even if its a pre-existing mysql database? or does SQLAlchemy
introspect it or something?

My thrid and final question is about the persistance of composed
objects. If I save an object using sql alchamy, I see it also saves
the objects children. Is this done in a transaction by default? if the
save process on one of its children fails will it all be rolled back?
or is this something I have to specify seperatly?

Thanks guys, once I know those little items I'm sure I'll be able to
get up and running pretty swiftly.

Cheers,

Heston