> That's exactly what the problem was :-) Is there any reason I should avoid
> using 0.5? I'm running python 2.4 at the moment, are they compatible?

0.5 is still in beta, and I don't have much experience with it myself, but
if were just starting out, I would probably be using that, otherwise you'll
need to migrate later; it's easier to just start out with the new API.

> Next quick question: I have a habbit of using 'created' and 'modified'
> columns on my tables, is there any way in which I can have the ORM update
> the dates for me when creating and modifying rows?

Yes, check out "mapper extensions" in the docs, you're going to want
after_insert and after_update extensions.