Hello SQLAlchemists,

What is (or what do you think is) the load that SQLAlchemy can handle
with the default engine options of pool_size=5 and max_overflow=10?
The application I'm working on has the potential for bursts of
thousands of requests in a few seconds, so I am concerned about load.

Is it appropriate to increase these values to some arbitrary number? I
see that you can set max_overflow to -1 so that it creates as many
connections as needed, but do you think that would be necessary (or
bad practice)? Thanks for any advice about this, I'm trying to
understand the nature of connections and the QueuePool implementation
to avoid load problems when we go live. Any simple way to script
exceeding the QueuePool limit quickly for load testing?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

And also, I've wanted to throw out a huge thank you to the
developers ... on top of SQLAlchemy being extremely robust and
powerful, the SQLAlchemy documentation is impeccable. Better than most
all other open source software ... *awesome* ... so, thank you.