On Aug 27, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Alex Mathieu wrote:

> F*ck... I just realized that I was using  MyISAM table engine...
> here's the deal then... I cannot use InnoDB for this projet so.... I
> think I will be writing some recursive code that can determine if an
> object has childs dependencies and will delete the proper objects....
>
> thanks again =)

SQLA's "cascade" option works with MyISAM tables just fine - it does
not require real foreign keys or cascades at the database level to be
present.   The only thing you'd lose in that case is the ability to
reflect ForeignKey objects from an existing schema, but your mapping
below should be creating those explicitly.   Theres definitely no
reason to write this by hand.