Good day.

I tried to perform a load test on my python web app using sqlalchemy
as follows:
1000 requests
20 concurrent connections

Towards the end, I started getting an error from sqlalchemy module:
TimeoutError: QueuePool limit of size 40 overflow 10 reached,
connection timed out, timeout 30

I'm not a load testing expert neither am I a sqlalchemy expert, but I
thought that perhaps 20 concurrent connections would be comfortably
handled by 40 pooled connections (+ the 10 overflowed) even if there
are 1000 requests. Does this mean that the connections are not being
returned to the pool quick enough? I noticed in my results that my
http server is handling 65 requests p/sec (got 20 out of 1000 failed
requests towards the end and I take it its from the above error as
that the only thing in the logs). Perhaps thats why it can't return
the connections to the pool quick enough, to many requests to quickly.

Could anyone suggest a way I could perhaps determine the memory
requirement per pooled connection?
I'd probably then take the amount of memory I'd dedicate to this app
and divide it by memory required per connection.

Regards,
-Alen Ribic