On Sep 24, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Randallabra wrote:

> Replying to my own post:
>
> It appears that I've resolved this problem by removing the reciprocal
> relationship (backref) from this particular relation. Though it is a
> bit of a head-scratcher as to why the removal of the backref resolves
> the circular dependency problem given that this table has many other
> relationships defined to other lookup tables that are modeled
> identically and do not exhibit any circular dependency problems.

this usually indicates that the backref is not set up properly, but
typically with a self-referential relationship (i.e., a mapper that
has a relation pointing back to itself).  This sounds like its not a
self-referential relationship since you're saying its a lookup
table.   Its possible some other element of the relation() chain is
misconfigured (such that a o2m thinks its m2o, or vice versa) which
would cause this issue to happen (and removing any part of the chain
could resolve it).

We can diagnose the issue very quickly if you can provide a short test
case illustrating your mappings.