On Oct 1, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Brett wrote:

> I'm using AttributeExtension for my project and it would greatly
> simplify things if I could receive the events after the attributes are
> set.  Is there any way this will make it into SqlAlchemy?

having the events received before is a strong feature since it allows
you to validate and modify, or reject, the value before going in.
Having a whole new event issued afterwards would add overhead to all
attribute operations unless we do some of the tricks that we do with
MapperExtension to determine ahead of time if methods are actually
present and don't call empty methods otherwise.

If your use case is limited to scalars and not collections, feel free
to populate.   This is just saying "state[key] = value", based on the
incoming state and value.

The whole AttributeExtension as a public API is a brand new feature,
so I'd be curious what your usage of it is.  I wonder if there might
be alternatives for your particular use case.