Hello All,

I am using Elixir 0.6.1 over SQLA 0.5rc2. Consider the below :

>>> from elixir import *
>>> class A(Entity):
*...     name = Field(String(40))*
>>> class B(A):
*...     address = Field(String(40))*
>>> engine = "sqlite:///c:\\temp\\2.sqlite"
>>> metadata.bind = engine
>>> setup_all(True)
>>> a = A(name="A")
>>> type(a.name)
<type 'str'>
>>> b = B(name="B",address="B'sAddress")
>>> type(b.name)
<type 'str'>
>>> type(b.address)
<type 'str'>
>>> type(a.row_type)
<type 'NoneType'>
>>> session.flush()
>>> session.commit()
*>>> d = session.query(A)[0]
>>> d.name
u'A'
>>> type(d.name)
<type 'unicode'>
>>> d.row_type
u'a'
*>>> from elixir import options
*>>> options.DEFAULT_POLYMORPHIC_COL_NAME
'row_type'
>>> options.POLYMORPHIC_COL_TYPE
String(length=40, convert_unicode=False, assert_unicode=None)
>>> options.POLYMORPHIC_COL_SIZE
40*

Though I declare fields of Class A and B as strings, when I retrieve the
objects back from database, the are automatically getting converted to
Unicode. Also, the default polymorphic column type is String, but row_type
after retrieval is coming back as unicode. When I query SQLite, I see normal
strings :

sqlite> select * from __main___a;
1|A|a|
2|B|b|B'sAddress

I donot want my strings to get converted to Unicode, since I am having
issues with marshalling and transmitting unicode objects over the network.
Is there any option I am missing? Kindly let me know.

--
Regards,
Harish