Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Please see the below implementation :

*Implementation 1:*

>>> def my_con_func():
...     print "My Connection func"
...     import sqlite3.dbapi2 as sqlite
...     con = sqlite.connect(":memory:")
...     con.text_factory=str
...     return con
>>> engine = create_engine("sqlite:///",creator=my_con_func)
>>> engine
Engine(sqlite:///)
>>> engine.connect()
My Connection func
<sqlalchemy.engine.base.Connection object at 0x01B1ADB0>
>>> engine.connect().connection.connection.text_factory
<type 'str'>

*Implementation 2:*

>>> anotherengine = create_engine("sqlite:///:memory:")
>>> anotherengine.connect().connection.connection.text_factory = str

I would like to know which one is better, since I am afraid if I am missing
some create_engine inbuilt implementation while returning custom connection
object (in Implementation 1). Please let me know your suggestion.

Thanks!

Regards,
Harish