Hello,

I am pulling a list of files I need to print from a database and I
have all the records after doing the sqlalchemy query with .all()

Now I have a list of 3000 files I need to print, around 3 files per
userID, I want to print all 3 at the same time in different threads,
and my only requirement is that all files are printed for user 1
before we start printing for user 2.

Because the process doesn't use full power of the CPU when I print one
by one, I want to thread the process so it prints all 3 files at the
same time in different threads. When its done it moves on to the next
userid.

How can I sub query by user Id?

results=
Session.query(PrintTable).filter(PrintTable.Date='20081120').order_by(PrintTable.Username).all()

How can I from above result go to:

1. In a for loop,
 a.  get a list of files for userid=1   (userid=1 files to print
file1,file2,file3)
 b. pass the 3 filenames to a thread function that will print the files
 c. go to the next userid

Any idea how can this be done? I can find some tutorials on threading
but I'm not sure how can I subquery to get the 3 file names?

Thanks,
Lucas

--
Turbogears2 Manual