Thanks.
I thought of using pickle but it says not everything can be picked, So
i was concerned the metadata objects might be in the unlucky group.
The other problem i have with pickle is what happens when i upgrade to
a newer version of sqlAlchemy some of the metadata objects might
change. How does pickle handle this?
 My other idea instead of pickle was to write code to map it out and
store it in a SQL lite or xml, Then i could patch it so it could be
restored to the never version of sqlAlchemy.

Thanks heaps again for the help,
Regards, Jar