Michael Bayer schrieb:
> As far as implicit tablename, it breaks the single inheritance
> scenario.  but also besides that I made a comment on that here:
>
> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/ticket/1270#comment:2

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Not quite sure what you mean with single
inheritance scenario, though.

>> Another idea (not sure if it really makes sense): In the order_by
>> clause, negative integers could be used for descending order, i.e. -2
>> would work like desc(2).
>
> im not actually familiar with that technique ?  does that mean ORDER
> BY 2 DESC or ORDER BY somecolumn DESC(2) ?

Very simple, the former:

session.query(Foo).order_by(-2)

should work the same as

from sqlalchemy import desc
session.query(Foo).order_by(desc(2))

The idea is that it's somewhat shorter and intuitive since for names of
numerical columns, you also get reverse order if you add a minus sign.

-- Christoph