Michael Bayer schrieb:
> if Bar inherits from Foo, Foo is mapped to "foo_table", Bar has no
> table, Bar will be mapped to foo_table as well.

In that case, no implicit name should be set or course. It should only
be set if a name cannot be figured out otherwise.

> oh, this is entirely news to me that you can send column positions to
> ORDER BY.  SQLA has no awareness of that concept right now.   seems
> like "more than one way to do it" at the moment...(i.e. order by
> columns *or* position, times use desc or negation == 4 ways).

Using column positions is a standard SQL feature AFAIK (i.e. positive
indices; using negative indices for reverse order was my idea only) and
it also seems to works perfectly well with SQLAlchemy :)

Since the "only one way" principle is broken here anyway, I thought
adding another shortcut will not harm...

-- Christoph