On Jan 12, 2009, at 9:15 PM, PacSci wrote:

> Thank you for the insight. However, the thing is, while this Official
> Metadata is handled on an app-level basis, I'm looking for something
> that will span multiple apps. (I'm thinking of projects and apps as
> Django does, with projects being individual deployments and apps being
> distinct packages with their own models, views, and templates. Pylons
> might have a different perspective.) Do you think that having it live
> in a module within the actual framework will help? (i.e.
> myframework.sql) Or maybe should I create a module like that for every
> project? (i.e. mysite.sqlalchemy)

multiple apps (i.e. different packages) is not an issue if you make
the "official" files local to each app.  this is how pylons does it.
If i make an app XYZ, my metadata is in xyz.model.meta. Im guessing
you might not be considering using a "template layout" for your
framework (i.e. like paster create).   I think you should consider
that model since I think boilerplate is a fact of life with web
framework applications.