Hi,
  I've been using sqlalchemy with sqlsoup and having some trouble getting my
head around joins in here as opposed to sql.

I've two tables,  device + manufacturer

[device]
id, device_name, manufacturer

[manufacturer]
id, manufacturer_name

I can't seem to get a result that contains both device_name and
manufacturer_name...

>>> device.first()
MappedBuildinfo_device(id=1,device_name='c701',manufacturer_id=1)

>>> manufacturer.first()
MappedBuildinfo_manufacturer(id=1,manufacturer_name='alcatel')

>>> device.join(manufacturer).first()
MappedBuildinfo_device(id=1034,device_name='s920',manufacturer_id=1)

Hopefully I'm doing something really dumb :)