I guess I'm kind of confused as to how it's supposed to create a table
that it doesn't even really know about yet. It hasn't successfully
reflected the table yet, so shouldn't know anything about its
structure. It seems like it'd just create an empty table at this
point.

engine = create_engine('CONNECTION STRING HERE')
meta = MetaData()
meta.bind = engine
# SQLAlchemy doesn't know about the remote table structure yet, how
will this do us any good?
meta.create_all()

# This is where I get that exception listed earlier. SQLAlche
artreqs = Table('tb_FSAR_Data_SampArtReq', meta, autoload=True,
autoload_with=engine)