I'm developing a small twisted/pyqt/sqlalchemy application (data acquisition
soft and control). I have a GUI where I have to show some data from my
beautiful SA model. This gui is built on PyQt. PyQt has a nice set of data
access classes, but they use _raw_ SQL, that's OK for most people using Qt,
since it's originally targeted for C++ developers but I'm not :(
Some of my quieries have two or three inner joins, some ordering and some data
formating (i.e. I have no DATETIME with microsecond precision in MySQL, so I
have to store microseconds in a SmallInt, and some fields have to be shown in
certain way, where I use FORMAT, RPAD, and some other SQL sting formating
functions.
This thing results in ten to fifteen lines of SQL between my GUI code...
I don't want to have my project like this, where everything but the GUI uses
SQLAlchemy for the data access, so I wonder if I could generate the SQL
sentences for my table views.
I'm not a SA expert, but I've found it very intuitive.
What do you suggest?

Nahuel