these are two general patterns, observer/listener and undo/redo
(command-pattern), which have nothing to do with DB.
i dont know about 2) DB-observers which would react on somebody else
changing the DB, AFAIK that is possible on certain servers only, but
the rest should be done independly on higher level than DB-stuff.
read about Model-View-Controller.