I dont see it, especially since from the docs:

When given an instance, it follows these steps:
        * It examines the primary key of the instance. If it’s
present, it attempts to load an instance with that primary key (or
pulls from the local identity map).

the instances are in the session and have just been loaded, thus IDs
exist, thus itll just load the same damn thing?
Or I'd have to reset all ID values to None over the whole tree? which
brings me back to where I started, how to deep clone a full SA object
tree, which is in session, but do it in a fashion that respects
ForeignKeys, UNIQUE contraints, and lets me specify properties, that
should not be set

hmmm,
Martin