you can use echo=True to metadata and/or logging to some extent.
there was also some recipe about how to print some query's actual sql
without issuing it, see recipes section at the site.
but i'm not sure u can really do all you want without having a
responding DB-api (which will at some point require a server).
try, YMMV.

svil
www.svilendobrev.com