On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Yassen Damyanov <yassen....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2009, Maxim Khitrov <mkhit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I should also mention that I'm
>> using Python 2.6 on Windows. The latest stable MySQL-Python extension
>> doesn't support 2.6, and there doesn't seem to be a test version
>> available for Windows.
>
> The 1.2.2 Windows version of mysql-python should work flawlessly under
> Python 2.6. (I haven't tested that however, my Python is 2.5.)
> Y.

Yes, you're right. I searched through the forums and found an
installation package for 2.6 that someone else put together.

If using SQLAlchemy to create these dump files directly is not
possible, what about using reflection to load the schema for a given
database, recreating that schema in a temporary database, loading
required data, and then generating the SQL dump?

I can do the first part of that like so:

engine = create_engine('mysql://root:<password>@localhost/caffeine_gum2')
meta = MetaData()
meta.reflect(bind=engine)

Once I have the metadata, how can I create a temporary database and
reload the table structure there? I suppose I'll need to use some
other tool for generating the dump once the data is inserted, but
that's fine. As long as I'm not modifying the live data I'll be happy.

- Max