Hello - I am developing the back-end of an application using Python
and SQLAlchemy.  The web-based (PHP, etc.) administrative front-end to
the application is the responsibility of another developer.  The point
of commonality between the two is the database.

I have already figured out how to have cascade on delete functionality
happen using SQLAlchemy.  However, defining this using the Python code
(using the mapper() function) doesn't seem to pass the cascade
constraint (I hope that's the correct use for that term) to MySQL.
Thus, if my PHP-using compatriot wants to have the cascade
functionality on _his_ side of the application, he is forced to:

A) Code the cascade logic into his PHP code OR
B) Modify the database after I have created it to include these
contraints on the columns.

Is there a way for me to specify the cascade functionality on a
relation between two tables using SQLAlchemy, in such a way that I am:

1) Using database independent Python code AND
2) Causing the MySQL engine to recognize that cascade functionality?

Thanks,

Mike