On Tuesday 12 May 2009 21:53:55 Rick Morrison wrote:
> AFAIK, there's nothing in SQLA that will address this -- the issue sounds
> new to me, and it seems to me that it's pretty clearly some kind of
> pyodbc/FreeTDS issue. Check your character encoding settings, there's quite
> a few reported issues with MSSQL + pyodbc + unicode statements. You may
> want to browse the FreeTDS lists as well. Please report back anything
> pertinent that you find.

How about the pymssql route?  Have you guys tried it?  I get weird
formatting errors when I go pymssql 1.0.2.  I looks like it does not
like stuff like:

  conn.execute("select foo from bar where qux like '%quux%'")

I get errors regarding 0x27 (single quote) not being a proper
formatting character.  We could escape all the percent signs in our
code but I'd rather avoid it and Pyodbc does not seem to have a
problem with them, which is a big plus.  We are mostly using Alchemy
for the connection pooling; we have a few mapped objects but most of
our queries are still hand written and we don't want to convert them
all to the SQL abstraction layer provided by Alchemy right now.

Any advice on using Pymssql with Alchemy?

--
Yannick Gingras
http://ygingras.net/