Hi,

Is it possible to fetch the values of an autoincrement field without
flushing the object to the DB?

(In postgres, I obviously can manually fetch nextval of the automatically
generated sequence, but I lose the portability that way ...)

Why?

Because I need the id to generate data that will be filled into some (non-
null) columns of the table row.  So I can't flush since I'll get an
IntegrityError about non-null columns, and I can't fill those columns
without knowing the id that's going to be assigned.

(Yes, I can use dummy values, then flush(), and then update the row before
committing.  But that's not exactly elegant...)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Fnord.