Hi all,

I'm migrating from django orm to sqlalchemy, in django was very simple
to override save method to do own stuff before save the value to
database, for example:

class TestModel(models.Model):
    field1=models.CharField(max_length=255)

def save():
    self.field1=self.field1.upper()
    super(TestModel,self).save()

so when I add or modify an object it is ever converted to uppercase.
In sa this simple model become:

class TestModel(Base)
    __tablename__='testtable'
    field1=Column(Unicode(255))

def __init__(field1):
    self.field1=field1.upper()

this way if I call the init method field1 is converted to upper but if
i modify the field I have to manually convert to upper. There is some
way to override save method as in django orm?

regards
drakkan