Sven A. Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've hit a problem very recently with autoloading of table info from
> an oracle schema which I believe is caused by a problem inside the
> _resolve_synonym method of oracle/base.py. I've googled around a bit
> but didn't find this issue reported previously. It may well be a
> problem with our db setup but I'm hoping folks on this list will be
> able to shed some light on it either way :)
>
> What's happening is that in the db there are two rows returned when
> running the query
>
> select OWNER, TABLE_OWNER, TABLE_NAME, SYNONYM_NAME from ALL_SYNONYMS
> WHERE table_name = 'REQUESTS';
>
> Result:
>
> AINV_REPORT   AINV_OWNER      REQUESTS        REQUESTS
> AINV_USER     AINV_OWNER      REQUESTS        REQUESTS
>
> Inside _resolve_synonym this query is run and if len(rows) >1 the
> following error is raised:
>
> "There are multiple tables visible to the schema, you must specify
> owner"
>
> I was thinking that perhaps the query used inside _resolve_synonyms
> could/should include a check on the synonym owner to exclude multiple
> matches of the same table exists as a synonym in another user's
> schema. Or would that break other things?

this assumes that you need to use the resolve_synonyms feature in the first
place (its off by default).   oracle_resolve_synonyms is probably not
worth using if you aren't using DBLINK (and maybe not even if you are) -
that was the original use case for it.   If you leave the feature off and
just reflect "requests", the whole function won't get involved.