Sven A. Schmidt wrote:

> Michael,
>
> thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I believe I have to use the
> synonyms feature, because I cannot use the table owner's schema owner
> to access the database. Everything works if I use the table owner's
> schema (AINV_OWNER) but the db policies forbid this for production, so
> I have to somehow get this to work from another account.

its been awhile since I've used oracle, but I seem to recall that the
permissions on a synonym have no bearing on whether or not you can access
the underlying table - you need permissions on both.   am I incorrect on
this ?

> 2. no synonym parameter, schema = 'AINV_OWNER' on Table(...)
> Results in the error: "Could not determine join condition between
> parent/child tables..." I had expected this to work but it seems that
> for some reason SQLA doesn't see the constraint info on tables in
> another user's schema. Is that a bug?

that would be a bug, yes.   but, try specifying schema and all the names
using lowercase characters (not ALL_UPPERCASE as you may be doing) - SQLA
will ensure that it uses case insensitive identifiers (it converts to
uppercase as needed when talking to oracle).  its possible that there is a
mismatch between target names and specified names causing this issue.  or
maybe the oracle dialect just doesn't interpret the "owner" part of a
foreign key constraint correctly yet (im not easily able to test things
like that with Oracle XE).

Also, if your reflection can't read the tables directly, that would also
be a potential explanation for this problem.

> 3. synonym parameter, no schema parameter on Table(...)
> Results in the error: "There are multiple tables visible..." As
> described, this results from the _resolve_synonym call in base.py.

did you propose that the current default "owner" on the connection would
match to the synonym owner ?

> 4. synonym parameter, schema = 'AINV_OWNER' on Table(...)
> Results in the error: "Could not determine join condition between
> parent/child tables..." See 2) above.

thats a dupe of #2.