it is news to me that SQLAlchemy's table reflection code would even read a
SQLite "view" (and that sqlite had views, actually).    Make sure your
view defines character based fields as "VARCHAR", "CHAR" or similar.
note that SQLite has a very casual notion of types so you can make up any
type names that you want.  NUMERIC, DECIMAL, and REAL will reflect as a
SQLAlchemy Numeric, a type that by default returns python decimal values.