On Jul 22, 9:02 pm, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2009, at 8:48 PM, Randy Syring wrote:

> well this is really easy to analyze, turn on echo=debug and see what
> SQLite is returning.  The mapping of SQLite names to SQLA column types
> in the 0.5 series is in sqlalchemy/databases/sqlite.py in a dictionary
> called "ischema_names".  its a straight dictionary lookup.   in fact
> here it is:

Well, I am not really sure what the problem is, but it looks like it
might not have anything to do with the autoload.  I tried just using a
select statement with a from_obj parameter and it looks to me like SA
is getting things wrong when it looks for the field name.  Here is the
script i used:

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/130239/

Here is the key:value pairs for each row/column when trying to select
from an sqlite view that uses a case statement:
row 0
    id: 1
    name: jack
    'something': something
    case
            when name == 'jack' then 1
            else 0
        end: 1
row 1
    id: 2
    name: sam
    'something': something
    case
            when name == 'jack' then 1
            else 0
        end: 0

The same test running against Postgres is:

row 0
    id: 1
    name: jack
    staticfield: something