Figured out how to run the called procedure.

sql = db.sa.text("select trans_value from t(:totrans, :username)",
                    bindparams=[db.sa.bindparam('totrans', 'some text
orig'),
                                db.sa.bindparam('username', me.name)])
result = session.execute(sql).fetchone()
print result
(u'some text orig auf Deutsch',)

But still stuck on how to make this an additional column using
declarative base and obtaining "some text orig" from another column in
the same table.

Is this at all possible?

I would like to use this to resolve i18n texts which are stored in tables.

Werner