Tefnet Developers wrote:

> Dnia 2009-08-27, czw o godzinie 10:51 -0400, Michael Bayer pisze:
>
>> you can also set up primaryjoin using the actual table
>> columns (i.e. PhysObject.locationId == Location.__table__.c.id).
>>

> Thanks, that worked really well :). Now i am stuck with something else
> in this subject:

> # available at http://filip.math.uni.lodz.pl/column_pairs.py
> # Fails with Python-2.5.4 and SQLAlchemy-0.5.5
>
> import sqlalchemy
> import sqlalchemy.ext.declarative
>
> '''
> Fails with:
>
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/SQLAlchemy-0.5.4p2-py2.5.egg/sqlalchemy/orm/properties.py",
> line 836, in _determine_synchronize_pairs
>     "marked as viewonly=True." % (self.primaryjoin, self)
> sqlalchemy.exc.ArgumentError: Could not locate any equated, locally
> mapped column pairs for primaryjoin condition '"PhysObject"."locationId"
> = "Location"."Id"' on relation PhysObject.location. For more relaxed
> rules on join conditions, the relation may be marked as viewonly=True.
>
> '''
>
> I want to put definining .locationId and .location into one function, so
> I need to assing .locationId outside of the PhysObject class definition.
>
> Is using Mapper._configure_inheritance() a proper approach?

no that is not something that should be done here at all, that's an
internal configuration function and if it "works" its something entirely
accidental.   The way you're configuring seems a little awkward
(column_property and such) can you just try making it a little more
"normal" ?   the join condition being received is not being parsed at all
for some reason.