Hi

Here's my case: I have

- my own TypeEngine class, MyTypeEngine
- a Table with a Column using MyTypeEngine:
  table = Table("tablename", metadata,
      Column("columname", MyTypeEngine()),
      autoload=True, autoload_with=engine
  )
- a class:
  class MyClass(object):
      pass
- and a mapping:
  mapper(MyClass, table)

Pretty standard. Now, instead of queries like this:

SELECT columnname, ... FROM tablename

I'd like queries like this:

SELECT somefunc(columnname),... FROM tablename

I thought I could get that by overriding my column's ColumnProperty
with something like that:

mapper(MyClass, table, properties={
    "columname": column_property(
        sql.func.somefunc(table.c.columname).label("columnname")
    )
})

but it doesn't work as I'd like because it seems that my TypeEngine is
no longer involved after querying my table - the function returned by
my TypeEngine's "result_process" method doesn't seem to be called.

Is this expected? Do I have solutions to that problem?

Thanks a lot,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS