On Sep 30, 3:19 pm, "Michael Bayer" <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
> first of all, SQLA does generate (+) = if you set use_ansi=False in your
> oracle create_engine, and then use outerjoin.   Its obviously not a widely
> used feature and I'd be curious if it holds up with all your queries (it
> holds up under the various tests we've constructed for it).
>
> secondly, the query object will run a uniqueness function on the rows
> returned but that shouldn't be affecting much here.   If you turn on
> echo='debug', you'll see the full SQL issued and every row returned.   If
> that dump of rows is exactly as you'd expect, and then the ORM result is
> inserting Nones, that would be an issue - but there is nothing I'm aware
> of which is capable of that.

I did what you recommended with the second one; not a single ID was
"None", and all the IDs appeared as expected; the same number of rows
are returned (336 rows total).  For example, here are the first three
IDs from the session.Query object:

468811
None
468721

Here are the values from the log:

Row (468811, ...
Row (468810, ...
Row (468721, ...

So clearly, the values *are* being selected.  But why are they
disappearing in the ORM portion of SQLAlchemy?

Andrew