Dear All People:

I'm using SQLSoup and getting errors like  InvalidRequestError: Can't
reconnect until invalid transaction is rolled back and MySQL Server
has gone away. I have set autoflush=True and this has helped mitigate
some errors, but not these, they happen with varying frequency when I
haven't restarted the servers for a while. I am almost never using
db.flush(). Will that fix this? How can I make this things work? I
really want them to work and I hate MySQL but am stuck using it for
now.

SQLAlchemy thus far has added several hours to development time, which
I find sad. I have this block of code:
        #this has consumed too much time
        #will come back and fix but for now we have to give up on it
        #ret = Session.query(sets).select_from(orm.outerjoin((slices,
slices.asset_slice_asset_id == id), (stores, stores.asset_store_id ==
slices.asset_slice_store_scheme_id))).filter(id == sets.asset_id).all
()
        #how I hate sqlalchemy right now
        #the raw query took under five minutes
        #the other thing took more than hour and still doesn't work
        ret = db.bind.execute(""" SELECT * FROM assets a
        LEFT OUTER JOIN asset_slices `as` on as.asset_slice_asset_id =
a.asset_id
        LEFT OUTER JOIN asset_storage_schemes `astor` ON
astor.asset_store_id = as.asset_slice_store_scheme_id
        WHERE a.asset_id = {bid}
        ORDER BY asset_slice_row ASC""".format(bid = id))

So I need that actual query to be executable via SQLAlchemy,
preferably with SQLSoup. It doesn't work right now.

All help is loved and appreciated.

Signed
Jeff