On Oct 17, 2009, at 1:07 AM, cd34 wrote:

> When I add the second condition in the primaryjoin as:
>
>    users = relation('cp_users', primaryjoin=and_
> ('cp_package_device.device_id
> =
> =
> cp_users.device_id
> ','cp_package_device.client_id==cp_users.client_id'),foreign_keys=
> ['cp_users.device_id','cp_users.client_id'])

At the moment you have an and_() of two string expressions, which
SQLalchemy knows nothing about and therefore cannot apply mapping
logic to it.   When using declarative, you do have the option to quote
the expression in the case that you'd like to generate it before
dependent classes are constructed, but this means you are quoting the
entire expression sent to "primaryjoin" - this means  "and_
(foo.col==bar.col)".   Or in this case if all of those column objects
are available, you can lose the quotes inside of the and_().