On Oct 17, 1:36 am, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
> At the moment you have an and_() of two string expressions, which
> SQLalchemy knows nothing about and therefore cannot apply mapping
> logic to it.   When using declarative, you do have the option to quote
> the expression in the case that you'd like to generate it before
> dependent classes are constructed, but this means you are quoting the
> entire expression sent to "primaryjoin" - this means  "and_
> (foo.col==bar.col)".   Or in this case if all of those column objects
> are available, you can lose the quotes inside of the and_().

    users = relation('cp_users', primaryjoin=and_
(device_id==cp_users.device_id,client_id==cp_users.client_id),foreign_keys=
[cp_users.device_id,cp_users.client_id])

works.  I made the assumption since my class was defined below that I
needed the quotes as I do in some of the relations.

Thanks for the quick response.