Hi,

I am trying to create an index on a fixed-width prefix of a VARCHAR column
in MySQL. In my Alchemy model, I have the following:

url = Column(String(4096))

And I know that there an index = True parameter I can pass to the Column
constructor, but that will attempt to index the entire field. MySQL
restricts the length of a VARCHAR index, so I only want to index the first
32 characters. In MySQL, the clause at table creation time would be:

KEY `url` (`url`(32))

But how do I get alchemy to generate this clause when it creates the table?

Thanks,

Ted
--
Ted Dziuba