Hi,

we have a utility-script "schemautil" that allows us to re-create our DB based
on the metadata of SA, or simply dump the generated SQL for manual
inspection - the latter is used when one writes migration scripts.

Now we noticed a strange behavior: the generated SQL isn't working for
postgres anymore. This is how we create the engines:

        if strategy is None:
            self.engine = create_engine(dburi)
        else:
            self.buf = StringIO()
            def executor(s):
                self.buf.write(str(s))
                self.buf.write(";\n")

            self.engine = create_engine(
                dburi,
                strategy=strategy, # this is "mock"
                executor=executor
                )
        self.engine.echo = echo

The output is e.g.

CREATE TABLE user_db.addresses (
        id INTEGER NOT NULL,
        address_line_1 VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
        address_line_2 VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
        city VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
        zip_postal_code VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
        state_region VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
        company VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
        country_code VARCHAR(2) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
        created DATETIME DEFAULT now() NOT NULL,
        PRIMARY KEY (id)
);

Please note the created-column. It's a DATETIME - something PG doesn't
understand.

We use

  SQLAlchemy-0.6beta1dev_r6615

with psycopg2.