we have a full set of tests that ensure SQLA itself has no unreleased memory
issues or excessive cycles and they've been in our trunk for several years, and
we also nailed a few remaining corner cases over the past year which correspond
to highly unusual usage patterns, so I'm very confident that there's no issues
within SQLA itself.