And now for a question about a completely different app (no sharding,
very simple). I haven't got a sufficient response from the pylons
group, so I'm trying here.

The question:

http://groups.google.com/group/pylons-discuss/browse_thread/thread/cb48d0ea2b084159

Things I've tried/considered:

 --- mysql & utf8 memory issues
 --- different mapping approaches (base declarative, reflective, etc)
 --- various debug options and non-production standard settings
 --- beaker (although I'm not sure that I successfully turned it all
off, I'll keep trying)
 --- added tests for old-school classes (ones that don't extend object
and aren't garbage collected)
 --- I've played with dozer (added to middleware.py, didn't find much
-- old-school classed, maybe?)

You wouldn't know it from my deluge of recent questions, but in all my
years at this I've only asked these three threads worth of questions,
plus an X11 one years and years ago on the the OpenBSD group. Anyway,
I do apologize for having to ask so much from you and this group --
perhaps I'll be able to start giving back soon by answering some of
the questions.

Sorry,

--diana